I'm getting the following error when running `composer install` after
cloning MW core and checking out 1.25.5. I've gotten the error on two
separate systems:

1. Windows with PHP 5.4 and Composer version 1.2-dev
2. CentOS 7 with PHP 5.6 and Composer version 1.1.0

I did NOT get the error on the same Windows machine prior to running
`composer self-update`. It had Composer version 1.0-dev
(dbdd4978a7dd4cd29d0d7dfc912aab404245b736) prior to update.

*** Error message ***

Updating dependencies (including require-dev)
Your requirements could not be resolved to an installable set of packages.

  Problem 1
    - Installation request for wikimedia/composer-merge-plugin 1.0.0 ->
satisfiable by wikimedia/composer-merge-plugin[v1.0.0].
    - wikimedia/composer-merge-plugin v1.0.0 requires composer-plugin-api
1.0.0 -> no matching package found.

Potential causes:
 - A typo in the package name
 - The package is not available in a stable-enough version according to
your minimum-stability setting
   see <https://getcomposer.org/doc/04-schema.md#minimum-stability> for
more details.

Read <https://getcomposer.org/doc/articles/troubleshooting.md> for further