Hello,

We have more and more MediaWiki PHPUnit tests which is great, but the
test runner is crippled with a lot of performances issues that makes it
rather slow.  One would have noticed that running 10k+ tests is no fun.

What a surprise when this morning I noticed Ori Livneh (wmf Performance
team) sent a series of patch that would definitely speed up the test
run. Ranging from removing a sleep() to implementing base32 in plain PHP.

The speed up will benefit everyone and have the tests report faster when
patchsets are proposed in Gerrit.  Ori kindly regrouped them under the
topic 'unit-tests-perf'.   Please take sometime to review them:

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/q/project:mediawiki/core+topic:unit-tests-perf,n,z

Thx Ori!

--
Antoine "hashar" Musso