On Wed, 2016-06-01 at 04:23 +0200, Danny B. wrote:
> If tasks were properly triaged and tagged, it would be easy to create
> various quite accurate statistics.

If you think that tasks aren't "properly triaged" currently, could you
elaborate what specifically you'd like to see changed?

> But attempts to create tags which would allow it were and are
> unfortunatelly being questioned, delayed, stalled or even declined.

Do you have specific examples? I do ask for usecases on proposed tags
when I don't see how they'd support those folks managing and fixing
tasks, as I'd like to avoid categorizing for the sake of categorizing
(+people need to do the categorizing, which triggers notifications).

> In one of my previous jobs, where I was taking care of the bugtracker as a
> part of my duty, after I made an order in it, the number of opened tasks
> decreased to nearly 70% of the original count.

Was that a public bugtracker where anyone could file tasks and anyone
could work on tasks (FOSS project?), or an internal instance?

Cheers,
andre

--
Andre Klapper | Wikimedia Bugwrangler