On 3 June 2016 at 00:14, Pine W <wiki.p...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'd like to request a clarification about RESTBase.
>
> These notes say:
> "* RESTBase
> ** enforcing rate limits as of today
> *** pageview: 10 req/s
> *** transforms: 5 req/s"
>
> Can you expand on what kinds of requests these rate limits are limiting?

​The first one is to the page content requests​, documented at
https://en.wikipedia.org/api/rest_v1/?doc#/Page_content.

The second one, similarly, is to content transformation requests, shown at
https://en.wikipedia.org/api/rest_v1/?doc#/Transforms.

As always, our first mission is to keep the sites up and running well; as
with other API access points, this means dealing with abusive requests
where we see them, and (as in this case) limiting access to a reasonable
level to avoid overloading the system. Unless you're running a tool against
this API at a very high speed, ignoring the Terms of Use, it won't affect
you.

​J.
--
James D. Forrester