The elasticsearch servers that run logstash.wikimedia.org will soon be
upgraded from 1.7 to 2.3. As part of this upgrade we also need to upgrade
kibana (the web interface that runs on logstash.wikimedia.org). The current
version uses elasticsearch features that have been long deprecated (since
1.4) and as of 2.0 have been removed. I've setup a test environment in the
beta cluster running this new version of elasticsearch along with the new
version of kibana.

Be warned, kibana 4 is a complete rewrite. It needs to be evaluated for our
purposes and we need to make sure it does what we need. I've recreated most
of the dashboards that were linked from the homepage of
logstash-beta.wmflabs.org to help with the evaluation. The first few took a
short while, but due to the way kibana re-uses visualizations it became a
good bit faster/easier after that.

The main feature i've noticed missing from our old dashboards is the trends
panel. This is the part that told you how the volume of messages compared
to the previous hour/day/week/etc. There is a long standing github issue
about replacing this functionality but it has been stalled out. I don't
personally use that part of the visualization much, but perhaps you do?

Please try it out, and give some feedback. https://kibana.wmflabs.org/

Erik B