The Discovery team has also investigated updating the footer and there are
two tickets for possibly taking on this work to update the template (work
to do <https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T142540> and community involvement
<https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T142541>).

To date, we haven't done much work or investigation on either ticket.

Cheers,

Deb

--
Deb Tankersley