We have entered the last two weeks of Google Code-in:
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Google_Code-in_2016

More than 250 tasks have been resolved by students so far.

PLEASE HELP: We expect an increase in activity in the last week.
So if you have one or two more tasks in mind to mentor, add them.
It's now or never!

To list some students' achievements in the last two weeks:

 * Converted Special:RecentChanges to OOUI
 * Allowed users to apply change tags as they make logged actions using
   the MediaWiki API (for 'imagerotate' and 'revisiondelete')
 * 'mw-changeslist-legend' is not present anymore on
   Special:RecentChanges in MediaWiki's Minerva skin
 * Disabled the statistics update when running
   'maintenance/importDump.php' (to improve its performance)
 * Added 'UnblockUser' + 'UnblockUserComplete' hooks to Special:Unblock
 * Fixed a PHP error when transwiki'ing Special:Import via a redirected
   interwiki URL
 * Added a $wgHTTPImportTimeout setting for Special:Import
 * Fixed a variable interpolation in MediaWiki's Echo extension
 * Added an id attribute to the "mw-error-cannotundelete" error message
 * Removed /* @noflip */ Leaflet's CSS fixes
 * Removed the deprecated WebRequest::checkSessionCookie() method in
   MediaWiki 1.29
 * Fixed coding standards and added phpcs checks in the IDS extension
 * Added ability to configure the web service endpoint in IDS
 * Updated screenshots in VE's user guide about editing galleries
 * Added GeoData + WikiHiero extension screenshots to their home pages
 * Number of observations for Wikipedia's "idwiki" database set to
   100000 in the Edit Quality Prediction model
 * Glossary wiki pages on mw.org follow the formatting guidelines
 * Added showThumbnails attribute to slideshow galleries

Again, congratulations to all our hard-working students and thanks to
all our mentors providing tasks and reviewing them quickly.

As usual: Please contact us if you need help or have questions!

Thanks,
andre
--
Andre Klapper | Wikimedia Bugwrangler