On Fri, Mar 10, 2017 at 12:06 PM, Legoktm <legoktm.wikipe...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 03/09/2017 08:17 AM, Daniel Kinzler wrote:
> > * NOTE: we plan to experiment with having a public HANGOUT meeting,
> instead of
> > using IRC.
>
> Can I ask why?

With audio and video, hangouts provide a somewhat higher bandwidth, and
avoid the problem of many people discussing several topics at the same time
that larger IRC meetings frequently run into.

> At least for me, Google Hangouts simply isn't an option
> to participate when I'm in a crowded library/classroom.

You can still listen in & ask questions via the hangout chat, or the
regular office IRC channel. Adam volunteered to monitor the channel, so
that questions can be addressed. The meeting will also be recorded at the
youtube link I provided, so you can catch up later, and ask follow-up
questions by mail.