Hi all!

Here are the minutes from this week's ArchCom meeting. You can also find the
minutes at <https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Architecture_committee/2017-03-15>.

See also the ArchCom status page at
<https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Architecture_committee/Status> and the RFC board
<https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/tag/mediawiki-rfcs/>.

Here are the minutes, for your convenience:

Recent Activity:
* etcd under consideration for configuration management, see
<https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T156924>.
* Adam Shoreland (addshore) is working on an extension for transferring files
from Wikipedia to Commons, with the full history intact. See
<https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T140462>
* Input wanted on overriding namespaces defined in extension.json, see
<https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T160462> and the “Letting configurations
override namespace registration of extensions” thread on wikitech-l.
* Some activity regarding error message i18n on the RFC on JSON validation:
<https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T147137>.

Past session on MobileFrontend requirements:
* Detailed notes at
<https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Reading/Web/Projects/OCCAM/ArchCom-03-15-2017>.
* We had a presentation and Q/A session on hangout, with notes taken on IRC, and
some questions taken from IRC. We failed to get the youtube stream working, but
we did not max out hangout.
* Using a video conference for a high level overview session seems moderately
successful, with room for improvement on the details. ArchCom will consider this
mode for some future public meetings. We may try a different video conference
service next time. Has anyone tried Spreed <https://www.spreed.me/>? We could
even host it, see <https://nextcloud.com/webrtc/>.

Upcoming RFC discussion, Wednesday, March 29:
* “Canonical data URIs and URLs for machine readable page content”
<https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T161527>.
* The discussion will take place in the IRC channel #mediawiki-office on
Wednesday 21:00 UTC (2pm PDT, 23:00 CEST).

--
Daniel Kinzler
Principal Platform Engineer

Wikimedia Deutschland
Gesellschaft zur Förderung Freien Wissens e.V.