Hi Aran,

without any error messages it's hard to guess what could be the cause of
this problem.
This script has been used to index million pages but there must be some
configuration that trigger this strange behavior you are experiencing.
It may require time to investigate so in order not to lose track of your
issue could you file an issue to https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/ and add
all the details you can extract from your installation.

Thanks!