https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Scrum_of_scrums/2017-05-24

*= 2017-05-24 =*
== Call outs:==
* Analytics is working on a script for purging EventLogging Mysql (for
those of you who don't expect that, please talk to us :).

contact: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Engineering

== Reading ==
==== iOS ====
* Last Week
** 5.5 - https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/project/view/2602/
*** Analytics https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T164801
*** Update `In the news` feed logic and design:
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T148739
*** Other bug fixes & enhancements
* This Week
** 5.5 - https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/project/view/2602/
*** Places search updates: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T159733
*** Update `Top Read` feed design: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T165510
*** Places accessibility: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T159733
*** Other bug fixes & enhancements

==== Android ====
* Dmitry, Rita at the hackathon.  Mostly a testing and tech debt paydown
week.
* Beta release planned for late this week.
* Current release board:
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/project/view/2352/

== Wikimedia Deutschland ==
* Very slow week. Many attended the Hackathon in Vienna, many still in
Vienna for WikiCite. This Thursday is a public holiday, Friday typically a
day off.
* Wikidata team makes progress on the Lexeme UI.

=== Analytics ===
* Missed past 2 weeks - Apologies.
* Last week we were in offsite + hackathon (2) - Yearly and preliminary
quarterly goals have been discussed/agreed.
* Ongoing: EventLogging to Hive code is in code review, we should have some
tests soon.
* Vetting Last_access_uniques for global sites (*.wikimedia.org) is taking
us long time because of unexpected data issues.
* We just deployed Event Logging with better bot detection (bot events are
not stored in Mysql anymore).
* Reportcards updated to mark notable data events.
* Pageview data in Druid is now updated hourly (less than 2 hours late).
* Pivot (data visualisation for Druid) is not Opensource anymore, we need
to find a replacement.
* We are working on a script for purging EventLogging Mysql (for those of
you who don't expect that, please talk to us :).
* Druid and pivot currently not working due to upgrade.

=== Technical Operations ===
* Blocking: none
* Blockers: none
* Updates:
** BBR rollout https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T147569
** Progress on asia DC continues

=== Services ===
* Blockers: none
* NOT ATTENDING. nothing to report due to hackathon and vacations

== Fundraising Tech ==
* More code cleanup and de-duplication as we move stuff from mediawiki
extension to libraries
* Fixing behavior of fraud filters on connection failure
* CentralNotice deployment delayed on oojs-core library dependency, Andrew
Green is talking to editing about a bugfix release
* More Civi integration with third party email house

== Editing ==
=== Language ===
* No blockers/blocking.
* Work on ContentTranslation migration to OOjs UI continue.

=== Parsing ===
* The preprocessor patch that tweaks language variant handling got merged
and is riding the train this week (
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Parsoid/Language_conversion/Preprocessor_fixups
 )
* We are ready to pursue using CSS to style Parsoid cite output without
wiki messages (that are used currently for the Cite extension) (
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T156351 )
* Linter fixes probably done this week (
https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/350958/ ), and if all goes well, we mght
be able to reenable Linter on large wikis within the next 2 weeks.
* Once this week's train rolls out everywhere, we will be ready to merge
and test Parsoid's red link (and redirect and disambig) support -- if all
goes well, this might land within the next 2 weeks.

=== Collaboration ===
==== Blocking ====
* Coordinating with Ops about a Flow dump issue
==== Blocked ====
==== Updates ====
* Continued work on RC Filters UX, especially regarding namespace filters
* Work on Echo patches at the hackathon
** Notification blacklist to block certain senders from notifying you.
This won't be in production (other than testwiki) anytime soon, but we're
working on getting it ready to test
** Improvements to edit-user-talk notification, to also notify for subpages

=== Discovery ===
* No blockers
* Recovering from Hackaton/offsite/travel
* Working on upgrade to Elastic 5.3
* Working on ML-enabled search ranking infrastructure

=== CommTech ===
* Rolling out LoginNotify to Test Wiki (
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:LoginNotify)
* Fixed bugs in PageTriage extension at Hackathon
* Polishing CodeMirror and getting community feedback (
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:CodeMirror)
* No blockers