On Wed, 5 Jul 2017 16:31:44 +0300, יגאל חיטרון <khit...@post.bgu.ac.il> wrote,
> Hi. Any computer language that has parentheses isn't context free. So
> if
> you are not in Assembly, it's enough.
> About context-free - it's tricky question. I wouldn't call it context
> free
> because of some macro expansions, for example, the pipe ([[abc
> (def)|]] ->
> [[abc (def)|abc]]). The problem I don't know if it will really
> disturb you,
> because highlighting should not care about this.
> The first problem of context-free, templates, should not bother you
> either,
> because you do not have template expansion on the page is
> highlighted, only
> in "runtime". Even "subst" mechanism does not work before saving.
> I tried now to find some wikitext syntax constructs that created a
> "really"
> context sensitive problems, as text power (find ww for some w), but
> had not
> found anything.
> Any other oppinions?

Thanks for the reply. So from what I could get does it mean that as far
as syntax-highlighting is concerned 'wikitext' could be considered to
be something close to a context-free language. As a result of, syntax
highlighting could be done with a program that works like a PDA.
Correct me if I'm wrong.

--
Kaartic