Wiki articles can be printed by most modern web browsers.The design and
layout of printed articles by the web browser is controlled via a special
print style sheet. This is similar to, but not the same as, the "Download
as PDF" feature, which recently saw a similar update.

Our current print styles have issues printing tables that are common on
many articles. They also do not contain any reference to the Wikipedia
brand. The Readers team at the Wikimedia Foundation plans to update these
print styles with some improvements.

* Book-like styling similar to our current book (PDF) rendering option
* New layout of article content to reduce paper usage. This can potentially
reduce the number of pages printed by 20 to 25%.
* Clear printing of tables and infoboxes
* Better headings
* Project-specific branding

We are planning on deploying these styles in August 2017. For a comparison
of the old print styles and the new, please visit the project page on
MediaWiki.org. Comments and feedback can be left on the talk page there.

https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Reading/Web/Projects/Print_Styles#Desktop_Printing

Yours,
Chris Koerner
Community Liaison