Hi there,

The Technical Wishes Team of Wikimedia Germany is currently working on a
soon-to-be deployed major improvement of the diff view engine. [1]

It is now available on test wiki [2] and Mediawiki [3] and it would be
great if you could test it and tell us if you encounter any bugs. [4] The
deployment to all other wikis will hopefully happen in the near future.

While working on this, we also found an old bug in the diff engine:
Sometimes two paragraphs which are not related at all are considered a
changed paragraph: example [5]. We have fixed this bug now and it was
already deployed on all wikis by the end of October. [6] [7]

The bigger improvement of the diff view will be announced separately, once
the date for its deployment is fixed – expect it in a few weeks.

Regards,
Michael for the Technical Wishes Team

[1]
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/WMDE_Technical_Wishes/Show_text_changes_when_moving_text_chunks