Le 08/11/2017 à 14:32, MZMcBride a écrit :
Nick Wilson (Quiddity) wrote:
We could switch to Module:🍆 or Module:🍑. :-)
lol, Unicode has definitely an insane number of WTF symbols included. Maybe I should try to re-implement libcaca in Lua within Module:💩.
Now, for the case of Module:Bananas, I think that Module:Fanciful would
be fine in some cases. In others cases like introduction manual, things
like "MyFirstModule" or "UsernameFirstModule" might do the trick. It
also add implicit information that camel case is the usual way to write
module names. Moreover, one might even argue that "UsernameFirstModule"
easily be dynamically generated, creating an awesome custom user
experience which foster engagement of developers and finally make the
world a really wonderful place to live in (hmm).
Using CamelCase for module names may be specific to particular wikis. The
English Wikipedia doesn't seem to do this as much:
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:PrefixIndex/Module:>.
Oh, well, the main point was you might use "Module:|{{#USERNAME:}}| first module" in the documentation, or whatever the local convention (if any) might be. Although one might argue that from a cache perspective that might not looks like a very attractive idea. But, actually, I have no idea if there feature which would allow a cache-light substitution for just some stuff like user name in the content page.

I guess there are caches for stuff like the username in the user menu though. To be honest, the longest conversation I ever had about cache so far was probably with a former colleague which was always complaining about how much he hates vanish. So more hints/links on cache management in the Wikimedia environment would be welcome. I only know there are some sever at Amsterdam (if that's still up-to-date information) for serving Europe in read-only. I can't remember right now if there is an equivalent server in Asia, which would definitely make sense. Also we should soon have some backup on the moon, if I well understood : https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_to_the_Moon

Sorry for this almost in-topic message. Here are some completely irrelevant Unicode symbols to seek your forgiveness: ☫⚛💥⏿࿋💯