DynamicRefreshLinks jobs are meant in cases where links vary pretty much
randomly (e.g. you have something on the page causing a low cache time).
The idea being that code like [[category:Foo {{CURRENTHOUR}}]] should have
categories refreshed regularly and not just during edit.

The RefreshLinksDynamic jobs arent critical for MediaWiki running properly,
you can disable them (I think) by setting
$wgJobClasses[refreshLinksDynamic]='NullJob';
This would of course mean pages with dynamic wikitext do not get their
links updated except when edited.

--
brian

On Tuesday, December 19, 2017, Michael Erdmann <erdm...@diqa-pm.com> wrote:
> Hello fellow MW developers,
>
> in a private Wiki I have strange issues with refreshLinksDynamic Jobs,
that pop up apparently without reason. In particular I even have a loop
between 2 pages. After page 1 is refreshed MW thinks it needs to refresh
page 2. And after MW refreshed it, I get page 1 in the queue again [WTF].

> MW's behaviour is even more strange:
>
> I run my MW jobs via CRON and have
>     $wgJobRunRate = 0;
>     $wgRunJobsAsync = false;
> in LocalSettings.
>
> When running one job at a time the job queue never depletes. When running
100 jobs at once, via
>   php runJobs.php --maxjobs=100
> the queue eventually gets processed completely.
>
> I saw Daniel's page about JobQueue issues [1] but apparently no solution
exists yet. Is this still the current state of understanding?

> BTW. I am running the latest MW 1.27 and I must stay on the LTS track of
MW. With 1.23 I did not have issues like that at all.