Hi!

> So far so good. What I am wondering is whether that password reset trial is
> actually even more dangerous now given Spectre / Meltdown?

I think for those you need local code execution access? In which case,
if somebody gained one on MW servers, they could just change your
password I think. Spectre/Meltdown from what I read are local privilege
escalation attacks (local user -> root or local user -> another local
user) but I haven't heard anything about crossing the server access barrier.

> (I probably should set up 2FA right now. Have been too lazy so far)

Might be a good idea anyway :)

--
Stas Malyshev
smalys...@wikimedia.org