so 28. 4. 2018 v 0:05 odesílatel Greg Grossmeier <g...@wikimedia.org>
napsal:

> <quote name="Gergo Tisza" date="2018-04-27" time="21:00:35 +0200">
> > ie. if the new policy was introduced at the start of the year, it would
> > have caused at least a two-week delay in all three SWAT windows at one
> > point at least, and it would have caused an ever-growing backlog of
> patches
> > for EU mid-day.
>
> 2 week delays aren't possible as all SWATs are backports of master, so
> if waiting a week it'd go out with the normal train ;)

No, majority of patches deployed in a SWAT window is in
operations/mediawiki-config and this repository do not have release
branches and/or train deploys. If I'd be the only one using certain SWAT
window and I'd need to deploy 5 patches per window, the first window I'll
deploy 4 patches and the remaining would be rescheduled, the second window
I'll have 1 patch rescheduled and 5 new patches (6 in total), 4 will be
deployed, 2 will be rescheduled, the third window I'll have 2 patches
rescheduled and 5 new patches (7 in total), 4 will be deployed, 3 will be
rescheduled, etc. etc. etc.

I'd have a constantly raising backlog of patches and will be enforced to a)
reserve a window to deploy all waiting patches b) use another SWAT.

This will cause even bigger pain after US holidays because then bigger SWAT
windows are expected.

I know that deploying 8 patches in a window is a problem (at least in EU
SWAT window, don't use the other windows that much), but 4 is the other
extreme.