On Tue, May 29, 2018 at 10:09 PM, Martin Urbanec <
martin.urba...@wikimedia.cz> wrote:

> The question I'm raising is if we accept mail on wikipedia.org and if we
> do, why we use wikipedia.org instead of wikimedia.org which is more
> frequent domain for mail and which will make more sense for global setting
> applicable to literally all projects WMF run.
>
> Martin

As I understand, wikipedia.org still technically works as a domain for
email, mostly as a holdover from the really old days (I'm talking like
2003). So I think the most likely explanation here is that this field was
never updated and there was never a reason to if the address still
technically works.

----
James Hare
Associate Product Manager