On Fri, Jun 8, 2018 at 3:26 PM, Stephan Gambke <s7ep...@protonmail.com>
wrote:

> It is not the first time that individual developers have misused their +2
> rights to sidestep community processes and enforce their political views.
> It is this kind of repeated overreach and casual disregard for the wishes
> and opinions of the repo owner that makes people choose GitHub over Gerrit.

> Incidentally, what is the procedure to request removal of +2 rights for
> somebody on my extension repo?

If you really wanted, and your extension is not deployed to Wikimedia
wikis, I think it could be done if you requested it on Phabricator. There
are definitely repositories where the "normal" +2 reviewers (able to +2/-2
patches in mediawiki/core and extensions) do not have access (e.g.
operations/mediawiki-config). But I'm not sure how it is implemented
technically, the reviewers' righs might apply to the "mediawiki/*
namespace"? in which case it could be a problem to change it for one repo.

In this particular case though, Chad is a Gerrit administrator, so he would
be able to merge the patch anyway. I don't think this problem calls for a
technical solution.

--
Matma Rex