If I read the code in WikiExporter.php correctly,
dumps are currently ordered by page ID.

However, I would not consider this a guarantee.
I'd recommend to assume that the content of a dump are in no particular order,
and that the order is subject to change without notice.

-- daniel

--
Daniel Kinzler
Principal Platform Engineer

Wikimedia Deutschland
Gesellschaft zur Förderung Freien Wissens e.V.