Hey,

I'm sorry to hear about such an issue. I can only assume it means
massive trouble for your team, Greg.

Unfortunately for me being one of the receivers of this message I must
say it does not make the slightest sense.

What happened? Is there a Phabricator ticket I can read up?

What is the issue with making further changes to any en.json file?
What trouble can a new entry in one of these files cause that you ask
everybody to stop editing them, instead of – let's say – stop the bot
that creates the corresponding entries on translatewiki.net? The
request effectively means everybody needs to stop working on UI
features. How do you plan to make sure such changes to the multiple
hundred en.json files we maintain are indeed not done any more? What
will happen if a patch gets merged by a team that relies on
translatewiki.net translations, but did not got your message, or did
not understood it? Nothing? If so, why can't we continue editing our
very own localization files, and solve the issue your team is working
on – whatever it is – independent from that?

TL;DR: What is going on?

Best
Thiemo