Hey Brad, thanks for replying!

>> That's not as straightforward a question as you might think
It's actually rather easy in *my* use case, as I'm running a closed-editing wiki. The revert question is relevant though - while it's rare on our wiki, it does happen. I'll have to give it some thought.

>> although you could use the 'LinksUpdate' hook to influence the actual database updates instead

I could, but since there's no interface there, it looks like I have to just push things into LinksUpdate::$mProperties, which pretty much amounts to just INSERTING directly into the table myself, right? I see that's what extension:PageImages does. Doable, but ugly (and fragile) in the extreme, no? Especially as there's a @todo at the top to "make members protected".
Not to say I won't do it if forced to ;-)

- Dror