On Fri, Jan 18, 2019 at 2:13 PM Pine W <wiki.p...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I would like to suggest that this is the type of change that, when being
> planned, should get a design review from a third party before coding
> starts, should go through at least one RFC before coding starts, and be
> widely communicated before coding starts and again a week or two before
> deployment.

There was no coding to start--it's an upstream plugin.

One that I considered enabling ages ago, fwiw. I didn't because of the very
issues outlined in this thread.

There _must_ be a way to disable this for certain files. Great examples:

site.pp in puppet
en.json language file in MW core
CommonSettings or InitialiseSettings in wmf-config

All examples of files that are edited by dozens of folks. Folks who could
very well be unqualified to review your change and/or completely
uninterested in it at all.

I did enable the reviewers (not by blame) plugin ages ago. This allows
people to opt in with much more granularity (and would remove the need for
the bot)

-Chad