Half a century? 50 years? You have been working for WMDE since 2014.
Perhaps it would be an idea to discuss the naming scheme instead of
doing questionable call to authority?

The interesting point is _what_ to gain by adding unrelated character
sequences to names. If some character sequence don't convey any
meaningful or important information, then don't add it. It is only
adding noise. You use naming schemes to avoid name clashes, but if the
context has some inherent properties that block name clashes, then
don't add some random character sequences to minimize a chance for
name clash that is already zero.

What extension could a preloaded library possibly clash with? Such an
extension must be written for Mediawiki, and included in Scribunto,
without having an extension page at mediaiwki.org. Maintained outside
Phabricator/Gerrit, yes, but without an extension page? Does that even
make sense?

I make up my own mind, and if I wanted to quote somebody else I would
have done so.