Sorry, but this is not valid. I can't leave this uncommented.

Assume the article is right, then all metrics would be bad. Thus we
can't find any example that contradicts the statement in the article.

If we pick coverage of automated tests as a metric, then _more_ test
coverage would be bad given the article pretense. Clearly there can be
bad tests, like any code, but assume the tests are valid, would
increasing the coverage be bad as such? Clearly no.

Pick another example, like cyclomatic complexity. Assume some code
controls what or how we measure cc. If we change this code so _more_
code is covered by CC-measurements, then this would be bad given the
articles pretense. Again clearly no.

Yet another one, code duplication. Assume some code measure code bloat
by a simple duplication test. Testing more code for code bloat would
then be bad, given the article pretense. Would all code duplication be
bad? Not if you must keep speed up in tight loops. So perhaps you may
say a metric for code duplication could be wrong sometimes.

Measuring code quality is completely valid, as is measuring article
quality. The former is disputed, but the later is accepted as a
GoodThing™ by the same programmers. Slightly rewritten; "Don't count
me, I'll count you!"