I don't know if its best practise to do this, but core seems to do:

(window.RLQ=window.RLQ||[]).push(function () {
mw.loader.using('ext.myextension').then(function(){
console.log('library loaded');    }); });

You probably don't have many other options if you are using the Widgets
extension.

--
Brian