On Sat, 2019-07-06 at 21:31 -0700, James Salsman wrote:
> Is there a standard MediaWiki audio recorder, e.g. something from
> https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/MediaStream_Recording_API#See_also
> which is working in some javascript gadget?

AFAIK no.

> My 2017 Google Summer of Code student made one for Wiktionary, but
> I'm
> not sure whether it is still working:
> http://youtube.com/watch?v=8Euhu4Q7HF4&t=38m

Where to find the recorder of your student?

> It's based on less cross-platform technology than
> https://www.npmjs.com/package/react-mic

Also see https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T166929 and
https://strategy.wikimedia.org/wiki/Proposal:Record_and_upload_sound_clips_in_web_application
which you've commented on.

> What is the MediaWiki state of the art for cross-platform microphone
> audio upload?

For the records, a speech-to-text gadget for WikiEditor exists at
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Urvaxhi/speechToText.js and e.g.
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/16413063/html5-record-audio-to-file
might provide you some hints that you could experiment with.

andre
--
Andre Klapper  |  ak...@gmx.net
https://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper/