Hi Emufarmers!

Thanks for your attention! :) Yes, the tool might detect the sentences that
already referenced, because Citation Detective actually feeds *every single
sentence* in an article to Citation Need model and extract sentences with
high scores.

Highlighting a sourced sentence doesn't mean the source used is unreliable
as Citation Detective has no idea of whether a sentence has a reference and
the content of the source. I would say it's just like double confirm that
the sentence needs a citation, and yes there is a citation already.

You might have questions why the tool didn't exclude those sentences
already have a reference. The reason is a reference doesn't necessarily
apply just to the sentence right before it. They could apply to more than
one sentence or a whole paragraph, and there's no way to determine that
from the Wikitext. So that's why the tool was designed (at least for the
initial version) to feed every sentence to the model and detect citation
need score.

There's the same case with { citation needed } tags, so you would also find
sentences with {cn} tag highlighted in the prototype. That means both human
and machine think the statement needs a citation to a reliable source.

I hope this clarifies things for you. :)

Aiko