Heja,

On Mon, 2020-04-20 at 21:03 +0200, Maarten Dammers wrote:
> The first weekend of May the Wikimedia Hackathon 2020 in Tirana was
> supposed to happen. As an alternative, we're organizing a remote
> hackathon. Please have a look at
> https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Hackathon_2020/Remote_Hackathon
> and sign up if you're interested in participating.
>
> All of the sessions, projects, and initiatives are run by the
> participants themselves and not overseen by a core organizing team.  All
> ideas including technical projects and sessions, non-technical projects
> and sessions, and social events/socal time are very welcome.

It should probably also be added that as a movement, we don't have yet
the experience to run remote events and we're all learning. :)
This initiative is not a fully planned hackathon, but hopefully a nice
opportunity to spend some social and hack time together.

I'd also like to explicitly point out that if you plan to work on
technical projects which will require deploying changes at some point,
please be mindful and make sure to read and follow
https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Deployments/Covid-19 - let's not
create more work for fellow developers and keep (some) things stable.

Hope to see you there, even if you only join for a few hours!

Happy hacking!

andre

--
Andre Klapper (he/him) | Bugwrangler / Developer Advocate
https://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper/