Hey all,

TLDR: your extension CI might break due to hard deprecation of Revision
class.

Today a Gerrit change[1] has been merged, hard deprecating MediaWiki core
Revision class.
Loads of work has been done to prepare for this moment, mostly by a
volunteer developer DannyS712 with code review
support from almost every corner of the MediaWiki developer universe. You
can judge the amount of work by the number
of subtasks in the tracking ticket[2]

A lot of effort has been done to update all the WMF deployed extensions and
some non-deployed ones to the new code,
In accordance with stable interface policy deprecation section[3]. However
due to the gravity of a change, we might have
missed some corner cases. Missed usages will not cause problems in
production since the only consequence of using hard
deprecated code is a log message, but some CI tests might start failing.
If you find your tests failing, please replace all the usages of the
Revision class according to 1.35 release notes,
and your tests should start passing again. In case you’re having troubles
doing it, please reach out to core platform team
and we will try to help.

This is a huge milestone in decoupling MediaWiki core! We understand that
this might cause some inconveniences, apologize
for them and are hoping we can help with resolving any issues.

Cheers.
Petr Pchelko

1. https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/c/mediawiki/core/+/608845
2. https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T246284