Every year or so the Cloud Services team tries to identify and clean up unused projects and VMs.  We do this via an opt-in process: anyone can mark a project as 'in use,' and that project will be preserved for another year.

I've created a wiki page the lists all existing projects, here:

https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/News/Cloud_VPS_2020_Purge

If you are a VPS user, please visit that page and mark any projects that you use as {{Used}}.  Note that it's not necessary for you to be a project admin to mark something -- if you know that you're currently using a resource and want to keep using it, go ahead and mark it accordingly.  If you /are/ a project admin, please take a moment to mark which VMs are or aren't used in your projects.

When December arrives, I will shut down and begin the process of reclaiming resources from unused projects.

If you think you use a VPS project but aren't sure which, I encourage you to poke around on https://tools.wmflabs.org/openstack-browser/ to see what looks familiar.  Worst case, just email cl...@lists.wikimedia.org with a description of your use case and we'll sort it out there.

Exclusive toolforge users are free to ignore this task.

Thank you!

-Andrew and WMCS team