This is the weekly TechCom board review, usually in preparation for our
meeting, a few days late this week because I forgot.  Apologies.

Activity since Monday 2020-10-06 on the following boards:

https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/tag/techcom/
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/tag/techcom-rfc/

Committee inbox:

   - T263904 <https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T263904>: Are traits part
   of the stable interface?
   - T239742 <https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T239742>: "Should npm
   packages maintained by Wikimedia be scoped or unscoped?"
      - Both have been sitting in the inbox for a month or so, Tim first
      pointed this out a few weeks ago but we haven't triaged them yet.

Committee board activity (none)

New RFCs (none)

Phase progression (none)

IRC meeting request (none)

Other RFC activity:

   - T262946: <https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T262946> Bump Firefox
   version in basic support to 3.6 or newer
   - Some agreement between Volker and Timo to keep the scope at just the
      Firefox version bump and move this RFC forward.  I think Volker
is welcome
      to move this back to P4 unless I missed some other ongoing discussion?
   - T259771: <https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T259771> RFC: Drop support
   for database upgrade older than two LTS releases
   - Discussion about upgrading from 1.16 (this humble reader says
      upgrading from a version that's 10 years old should not be a priority)