This is the weekly TechCom board review.  Remember that there is no meeting on
Wednesday, any discussion should happen via email. For individual RFCs, please
keep discussion to the Phabricator tickets.

Activity since Monday 2020-10-26 on the following boards:

https://phabricator.wiki09media.org/tag/techcom/
<https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/tag/techcom/>

https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/tag/techcom-rfc/

Committee board activity:

  *

    T175745 <https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T175745> *"overwrite edits when
    conflicting with self"* has once again come up while working on EditPage.
    There seems to no longer be any reason for this behavior. I think it does
    more harm then good. We should just remove it.

RFCs:

Phase progression:

  * T266866 <https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T266866> *"Bump basic supported
    browsers (grade C) to require TLS 1.2"*: newly filed, lively discussion.
    Phase 1 for now.

    <https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T262946>

  *

    T263841 <https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T262946>*"Expand API title
    generator to support other generated data"*: dropped back to phase 2 because
    resourcing is unclear.

  * T262946 <https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T262946> *"Bump Firefox version
    in basic support to 3.6 or newer"*: last call ending on Wednesday, November
    4. Some comments, no objections.

Other RFC activity:

  * T250406 <https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T119173> *"Hybrid extension
    management"*: Asked for clarification expectations for WMF to publish
    extensions to packagist. Resourcing is being discussed in the platform team.

Cheers,
Daniel