Hi all,

A note that after a difficult end of last week and some further complications today, we're abandoning the 1.36.0-wmf.28 train[0], rolling all wikis back to wmf.27, and proceeding with wmf.29[1] once unblocked during this week's usual train windows.

This is a somewhat unusual step, but hopefully it will simplify the process this week.

We're treating the following outstanding issues as blockers for wmf.29:

* ApiEchoUnreadNotificationPages.php PHP Notice: Undefined index: query
- https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T273479

* MemcachedPeclBagOStuff: Serialization of 'Closure' is not allowed
- https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T273242

* Accessing WikiPage that cannot exist as a page: w:Help:Books/Book creator text. [Called from WikiPage::exists]
- https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T273101

* MimeAnalyzer::improveTypeFromExtension() must be of the type string, null given
- https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T273249

Thanks in advance for any help resolving these issues. Also thanks to Urbanecm and Pchelolo for work over the weekend clearing some obstacles for the wmf.28 version, and all who helped out late last week.

-- Brennen, on behalf of your faithful train crew

[0]. <https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T271342>
[1]. <https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T271343>