On 4/2/21 6:33 am, Strainu wrote:
One thing that puzzles me in that ticket is this phrase from Mark Traceur: "It might be better to look at something (slightly) more modern, like the upload dialog in core". Does anyone know what that dialog is? AFAIK the uploader in core (Special:Upload) hasn't changed in decades, except maybe for the look of the buttons. Its usability is rubbish compared to UW. Wikis used to (no, actually they still do) customize it using the uselang param,which messes with the user's settings. I can't really understand how that would be better...

I guess it means this: https://doc.wikimedia.org/mediawiki-core/master/js/#!/api/mw.Upload.Dialog

Which I think is only used in the WikiEditor extension. Maybe the dialog is in core because there was a plan to move WikiEditor into core?