Hi, I have written a set of scripts to use MediaWiki as a static site generator
and am writing this mail to inform those who are interested in it.

The tool, ThisIsNotAWiki depends on Docker and the MediaWiki's file caching.
A docker container would launch an actual MediaWiki instance, import wikitext
files, and generate HTML files when ThisIsNotAWiki runs.

Unlike other static site generators that support Wikitext, ThisIsNotAWiki uses
the same engine as real wikis,
therefore all syntax is available, and skins and extensions can be enabled
separately as needed. [1]

The tool is currently still in its infancy and it's why I prepended PoC on the
title.
You can visit the repository on Github [2] or the project site [3] which was
generated by the tool itself for details.

Thanks,

Lens0021

[1]: It now only supports the bundled extensions/skins.
[2]: https://github.com/lens0021/this-is-not-a-wiki
[3]: https://lens0021.github.io/this-is-not-a-wiki/