Hello,

I use the extension AutoCreatePage (https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:AutoCreatePage) in a project at my University. But it does not work

in current mediawiki versions as it was last updated . So I try to adapt it to work in mediawiki 1.39.3. It almost works now and I'm considering releasing it but don't know how to proceed.

I forked the github project (https://github.com/mkroetzsch/AutoCreatePage/pull/16) but got no response for now. There are also older pull requests not answered.

Should I somehow replace the existing extension with my new one or would it be better to make my fork a new extension with a different name? It does not feel right, because I use

a lot of the code from the old extension.

I hope this is the correct mailing list for this topic. Otherwise I would be thankful if you could direct me to the correct place to ask about this.

Kind Regards,

Oliver Tautz