For the general case of Python projects, I’d argue that a better solution
is to adopt the lockfile pattern (package-lock.json, composer.lock,
Cargo.lock, etc.) and pin *all* dependencies, and only update them when the
new versions have been tested and are known to work. pip-tools
<https://pypi.org/project/pip-tools/> can help with that, for example (
requirements.in specifies “loose” dependencies; pip-compile creates a
pinned requirements.txt; pip-sync installs it; pip-compile -U upgrades
requirements.txt later; you check both requirements.in and requirements.txt
into version control.) But I don’t know if that applies in your
integration/config case.

Am Do., 4. Mai 2023 um 18:08 Uhr schrieb Antoine Musso <has...@free.fr>:

> Hello,
>
> This is for python projects.
>
> Today, May 4th, urllib3 <https://pypi.org/project/urllib3/#history> has
> released a new major version 2.0.2 which breaks the extremely popular
> requests <https://pypi.org/project/requests/> library.
>
> The fix is to pin urllib3<2 to prevent the new major version from being
> installed (example
> <https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/c/integration/config/+/915736/1/tox.ini>).
>
> https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T335977
>
> Upstream issue: https://github.com/psf/requests/issues/6432
>

> Antoine "hashar" Musso
> Wikimedia Release Engineering

Lucas Werkmeister (he/er)
Software Engineer

Phone: +49 (0)30-577 11 62-0
https://wikimedia.de

sum of all knowledge. Help us to achieve our vision!
https://spenden.wikimedia.de