On Mon, Mar 4, 2024 at 8:02 PM Tim Moody <t...@timmoody.com> wrote:

> re: [3] and [4], in order to support the creation a ZIM of MDWiki, I need a
> list of all of its redirects, and I find the fastest means of obtaining this
> is to query the database directly. This is the only info taken directly from
> the database.

You are probably already aware of this, but there is an Action API
endpoint to enumerate redirects:
* https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/API:Allredirects
*
https://mdwiki.org/wiki/Special:ApiSandbox#action=query&format=json&list=allredirects

Direct database access is likely faster than enumerating results 500
at a time via the Action API, but it also may reduce the complexity
and fragility of your operational deployment.

Bryan
--
Bryan Davis                                        Wikimedia Foundation
Principal Software Engineer                               Boise, ID USA