Le 19/04/2024 à 10:42, Sebastian Berlin a écrit :
I'm trying to recreate a CI build to debug things locally. I've followed the instructions under https://doc.wikimedia.org/quibble/#reproducing-a-ci-build, but the command for listing Docker images doesn't work. There are no images with "quibble" in the name. Where can I find the available Quibble images?

Hello,

Quibble is not very user friendly. I started it during the 2017 Vienna hackathon as a quick hack to unify the complicated stack of repos, shell, python, Jenkins job into a single place. That has served to reduce the CI complexity and made the jobs quite simpler.

Overall I can't say it is very pleasant to use as a human, there are a few oddities such as:

- cleaning the dependencies and reinstalling everytime (use --skip-deps)
- misnamed options such as --skip-zuul to prevent refetching and doing a git-clean of everything - one need to set ZUUL_PROJECT to trigger the logic that runs extension/skin tests
And more :)

I have sent a few patches recently to slightly improve it such as:

- automatically deleting the autogenerated LocalSettings.php instead of having the MediaWiki installer to bail out after some minutes.

- Adding --change <gerrit change number> which retrieve from Gerrit the metadata of the given change and initialize the ZUUL_* environment variables (though I think one still has to set ZUUL_PROJECT to trigger the proper logic ...)

Back on topic, the documentation about reproducing a CI build deserves to be refreshed:

- the /v2/_catalog registry endpoint has evolved and is paginated nowadays, see https://distribution.github.io/distribution/spec/api/#listing-repositories or look at which image is currently defined in CI ( https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/g/integration/config/+/refs/heads/master/jjb/mediawiki.yaml ).

Note that CI does a merge commit of the propose patch or patches against the tip of the target branch. That is done by processes named zuul-merger which exposes the resulting merges using git-daemon. Those repositories are not publicly available, though they should be reachable from a WMCS instance.

I am more than happy to assist and chat about Quibble. I will very warmly welcome any help on that front :)

Antoine "hashar" Musso