Hi, I have been updating project portals
<https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T273179> (e.g. www.wiktionary.org) to
the new coding infrastructure to avoid storing them in pages in meta (
m:Www.wikivoyage.org_template
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Www.wikivoyage.org_template>) among other
reasons including better search experience, consistent design, better look,
etc. Now every project has been migrated except wikivoyage because its
portal is completely different (the picture of sunset).

I have been wondering if this is okay to change it to the standard portal
design (like wikipedia.org) because:

   - This is not accessible, the contrast of the text is too low (because
   of the background image) for people with visual impairments.
   - The design is not following the Wikimedia standard (
   https://design.wikimedia.org/style-guide) for example the blue is not
   #36c
   - The general look doesn't follow the standard all other projects
   follow, that's part of the movement's brand.
   - The current design doesn't really take into account that we might have
   more wikivoyage languages in the future, doesn't have proper space for them
   (unlike the standard design)
   - The current design is completely broken on mobile.

I mentioned this in meta
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Www.wikivoyage.org_template> but
didn't get any response. So I thought I bring it up here. Fixing this would
take care of a lot of legacy infrastructure we have. Thanks!

Best
-- 
Amir (he/him)
_______________________________________________
Wikivoyage-l mailing list -- [email protected]
To unsubscribe send an email to [email protected]

Reply via email to