From: John Emmas
Sent: Thursday, April 17, 2014 4:47 PM

 my_perl_script.pl > output.txt

This is one that comes up from time to time - it's not specific to Strawberry Perl, and has to do with file associations and something else .... a registry setting ? ... I can never remember the details, nor of how to search for it.

If it's the one I'm thinking of then this works:
perl my_script.pl > output.txt

It's just when you make use of file associations to run a script that you lose the redirection - and it's a simple fix once you find out what it is.

Surely someone here knows what I'm alluding to ... and how to remedy it ?

Cheers,
Rob