On Fri, Oct 24, 2014 at 1:50 AM, Daniel Kasak <d.j.kasak...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On the topic of packaging things ... if anyone knows an easy solution for
> making these individual packages under mingw & msys, that will help a lot. I
> had a look at the tools used in the build of Camelbox ( another such
> project, but targeting Gtk2 ), and from what I could tell, the process was
> basically doing a comparison of the filesystem before & after installing
> each package to determine what files should be added to a package. Is this
> the only way of doing this? If it is, I guess I'll go down that path too ...

For Camelbox, that's essentially what takes place, but there's a bit more to it.

If you look in C:\camelbox\share\pkglists, you'll see text files that
contain the list of files installed with each package.  The scripts I
used to package would automatically build these filelists and include
them in the archive files are uploaded to Google, which in turn is
what Camelbox downloads and installs during the install process.

One thing that I didn't do that I should have done (and would like to
do) is set up perllocal.pod correctly; on Camelbox, perllocal.pod will
most likely contain only the last Perl module that I installed when I
built it, when it should be a listing of all non-CORE Perl modules
that are installed.

As far as naming, I'm not on the Strawberry development team, but I
would suggest a new name to prevent confusion with non-GUI Strawberry
later on.

Thanks,

Brian