The licensing isn't a problem, since WINE is under a BSDish license, and soon to
switch to
the X11 license.  What's much more questionable is how we can mix WINE code with QT
code:
can windows handled by WINE co-exist in the same process as QT's windows?

If not, we have two possible approaches:
 1) Make a seperate process that handles UI for browsing, etc, and have WINE talk to
it
    through a socket.
 2) Rewrite netserv/libmwn to be completely independant of the underlying GUI system
    (ie: have them weak link to another library that provides UI).  That way, we could
    do a direct WINE UI for browsing and password entry in addition to a KDE UI.  Doing
    something like this will help the transition to KDE 2.0, and will make GNOME-based
    usage possible as well.

I'd definitely favour option (2), as it gives us the most flexibility.  It will require
more work, though.

-Gav

--
Gavriel State
Engineering Architect - Linux Development