On Fri, May 05, 2000 at 11:23:38AM +0100, B. Duffee wrote:
> Hi all:
>       I'm running wine-20000109 and redhat 6.2 and have had some success
> running programs on my win95 partition.  I'd now like to move to running
> programs on the linux partition and get away from win95 all together.  BUT I
> seem to have problems getting programs to install.  This is the error message I
> get with Flash 4 from Macromedia.
>
> fixme:animate:ANIMATE_OpenA ACS_TRANSPARENT: NIY
> fixme:module:CreateProcessA (E:\pft80b7~tmp\Setup.exe,...): lpCurrentDirector
> y E:pft80b7~tmp ignored
> fixme:win32:PE_LoadImage FATAL: Need to relocate E:\pft80b7~tmp\Setup.exe, bu
> t no relocation records present (stripped during link). Try to run that file
> directly !
>
> and I'm stopped there.  I tried to run the Setup.exe created and stored in my
> temp directory labelled E: and promptly ran out of memory.
>
> %wine Setup.exe
> Could not stat /mnt/fd0, ignoring drive A:
> fixme:win32:PE_LoadImage FATAL: Need to relocate E:\_ISTMP8.DIR\_INS5576._MP,
>  but no relocation records present (stripped during link). Try to run that fi
> le directly !
>
> Isuficient Memory with Error 111
>
>       What can I say to help track down the problem?   Point me in the right
> direction.  Thanks very much for your consideration.
Hmm, what about doing the very same trick twice ? ;-)
wine _INS5576._MP

Of course it might not work, as the program might already have decided then
that something failed and thus it might already have deleted necessary
installation temp files...
In such a case you might want to insert an ExitProcess(0); after the FATAL
line in loader/pe_image.c to keep the temp files.

But this whole mess will relatively soon be history anyway (can you spell
"Address Space Separation" ?)

I wonder how many small patches and enhancements it still needs until
we got it :)

Andreas Mohr