Jacques,

In Wine there's currently a limitation on the size of the GDI heap. It is
limited to 64K. This is a old limitation from Win 3.1 (16 bits), this
limitation doesn't exist under Win9x/WinNT.

Alexandre fixed that issue on the Corel wine tree, and I'm pretty sure
eventually somebody will merge his work back into Wine-HQ source tree. It
could even be you :-)

If your application creates a lot of Gdi objects that could be the problem.
Or maybe also your application leaks some Gdi object, if it's the case
you'll run into that problem (no more space in the Gdi heap) much faster
than in Windows. I think in Windows you can create 64K objects before
Windows starts to complain.

        Stephane Lussier.
        Macadamian Technologies