On Mon, 10 Jul 2000 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Sorry to ask for a maybe off-topic subject but :
>
> I got an old Windows NT 3.5 apps which runs fine (perfect but no shell
> commands i.e. I can't do a !dir ). It was provided with a binary lib
file
> (MSVC) , the header file and the API documention to wite C programs to
> perform specific tasks faster than with what they called procedure
files.

> I was wondering if I could drop NT platform to use Linux with Wine. The
> only
> point left without an answer is how to link the MS lib with GCC under
> Linux.
>
> This sound to me to be a GCC question but I couldn't find any
information
> in
> the GCC How-to and as the application works fine with Wine, I'm trying
in
> the wine-devel list.
>
> Thanks.

Let's see if I understand what you are asking.  You want to write c code
that calls fuctions in MSVC.DLL and compile it with gcc?

The way I know to do that is to write the c code as a winelib
program.  It would get at the dll with LoadLirary and GetProcAddress.

There is a HOWTO-winelib in <wine>documetation.

Lawson

---cut here

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.