Greetings !

I am an experienced programmer but a newcomer to wine.  Today I downloaded
wine 20000716.  I typed:

./tools/wineinstall

Sed reports a "bad substitution" at line 305 and again at line 326.  The
output is below.

Thanks,

Bert Douglas

Searching for an existing Windows installation...

Windows was not found on your system, so I assume you want a Wine-only
installation.

Am I correct? (yes/no)

yes

Configuring Wine without Windows. Some fake Windows directories must be
created, to

hold any .ini files, DLLs, and start menu entries your applications may need
to install.

Where would you like your fake C drive to be placed? (default is /c)

Configuring Wine for a no-windows install in /c...

./tools/wineinstall: s/Path=\/c$/Path=${CROOT//\//\\/}/: bad substitution

Setting EXTRA_LD_LIBRARY_PATH in .winerc to /usr/local/lib/wine...

./tools/wineinstall:
s/EXTRA_LD_LIBRARY_PATH=.*/EXTRA_LD_LIBRARY_PATH=${DLLPATH//\//\\/}/: bad
substitution

Checking for real Windows registry...

Not found, default Wine registry will be installed.

Compiling regapi...