I have several purchased Windows programs that all exhibit the same sort
of problem: in the main they work, but double clicking on items causes
an exception with EBP set to 0. I was trying the lastest QuickTime
player, and it would die with a stack overflow error. My question is: is
there a limited size stack used at some point in Wine, and if so, is it
possible to adjust the size. I'd like to crank it up on my local build
and see what happens.

Also, is the backingstore=WhenMapped patch ever going to make it into
Wine? I've done it to my local copy and it seems to have no ill effects,
and it speeds up the program when moving the windows around under
Gnome/Sawfish.